Congrats! We have added Surprise Discount
Add the product to the cart and find the Surprise Discount Now!Surprise Discounts are given at random, and it varies based on demand.
The Insurance Industry in Costa Rica, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022 Summary Timetric?s The Insurance Industry in Costa Rica, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Costa Rican insurance industry, including - - The Costa Rican insurance industrys growth prospects by segment and category - A comprehensive overview of the Costa Rican economy and demographics - Details of the competitive landscape in the Costa Ric
The Insurance Industry in Costa Rica, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022
Timetric?s The Insurance Industry in Costa Rica, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Costa Rican insurance industry, including -
- The Costa Rican insurance industrys growth prospects by segment and category
- A comprehensive overview of the Costa Rican economy and demographics
- Details of the competitive landscape in the Costa Rican insurance industry
- The various distribution channels in the Costa Rican insurance industry
- Details of regulatory policy applicable to the Costa Rican insurance industry
- Analysis of natural hazards in the Costa Rican insurance industry.
The report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Costa Rican insurance industry.
It provides key performance indicators such as written premium and claims during the review period (2013-2017) and forecast period (2017-2022).
The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, gives a comprehensive overview of the Costa Rican economy and demographics, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
The report brings together Timetric?s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations, and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
In May 2017, Superintendencia General de Seguros (Sugese) introduced a resolution stipulating the provisions for the risk management and internal control systems of insurance and reinsurance undertakings and intermediaries.
In 2013, the Central American Association Agreement was formulated between Central American countries (including Costa Rica) and the European Union (EU), permitting European insurers to provide insurance related to freight, maritime shipping and commercial aviation and reinsurance in Costa Rica on a cross-border basis.
Microinsurance in Costa Rica is primarily distributed through bancassurance, as well as through member organization and financial institutions, with co-operatives and micro finance institutes (MFI) offering partnership opportunities.
Costa Rica recorded demand for peer-to-peer insurance models to reduce the cost of cover and mitigate conflicts between insurance providers and policyholders.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Costa Rica -
- It provides historical values for the Costa Rican insurance industry for the report?s 2013-2017 review period, and projected figures for the 2017-2022 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments in the Costa Rican insurance industry, with market forecasts to 2022.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium and claims.
- It analyzes the various distribution channels in Costa Rica.
- It profiles the top insurance companies in Costa Rica, and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Costa Rican insurance industry and each segment and category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Costa Rican insurance industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Costa Rican insurance industry.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key segments.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Costa Rican insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industrys future. Table of Contents
1 Key Facts and Highlights
2 Executive Summary
3 Economy and Demographics
4 Industry Outlook
4.1 Industry Indicators
4.1.1 Gross written premium
4.1.2 Insurance density
4.1.3 Paid claims
5 Life Insurance Outlook
5.1 Segment Indicators
5.1.1 Gross written premium
6 General Insurance Outlook
6.1 Segment Indicators
6.1.1 Gross written premium
6.2 Property Insurance
6.2.1 Gross written premium
6.3 Motor Insurance
6.3.1 Gross written premium
6.4 Liability Insurance
6.4.1 Gross written premium
6.5 Financial Lines Insurance
6.5.1 Gross written premium
6.6 Marine, Aviation and Transit Insurance
6.6.1 Gross written premium
6.7 Personal Accident and Health Insurance
6.7.1 Gross written premium
7 Reinsurance Outlook
8 Distribution Channel Outlook
8.1 Analysis by Distribution Channel
9 Natural and Man-Made Hazards
9.3 Storms and Landslides
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Company Profiles
10.1.1 Instituto Nacional de Seguros - company overview
10.1.2 Assa Compañía de Seguros - company overview
10.1.3 Pan-American Life Insurance de Costa Rica, SA - company overview
10.1.4 Aseguradora del Istmo - company overview
10.1.5 Mapfre Seguros Costa Rica SA - company overview
11 Governance, Risk and Compliance
11.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
11.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
11.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
11.3.1 Life insurance
11.3.2 Property insurance
11.3.3 Motor insurance
11.3.4 Liability insurance
11.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
11.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
11.4 Compulsory Insurance
11.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
11.4.2 Social security insurance
11.4.3 Aviation third-party liability insurance
11.4.4 Liability insurance for ships with respect to oil pollution
11.4.5 Occupational diseases insurance
11.5 Supervision and Control
11.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
11.5.2 Association of Insurance Supervisors Latin America
11.5.3 General Insurance Superintendence
11.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
11.6.3 Market practices
11.6.4 Fines and Penalties
11.7 Company Registration and Operations
11.7.1 Type of insurance organization
11.7.2 Establishing a local company
11.7.3 Foreign ownership
11.7.4 Types of license
11.7.5 Capital requirements
11.7.6 Solvency margin
11.7.7 Reserve requirements
11.7.8 Investment regulations
11.7.9 Statutory return requirements
11.7.10 Fee structure
11.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
11.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
11.8.3 Corporate tax
11.9 Legal System
11.9.2 Access to court
11.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution
12.1 Life Insurance
12.1.1 Policies and premium
12.1.2 Claims and expenses
12.2 General Insurance
12.2.1 Policies and premium
12.2.2 Claims and expenses
12.2.3 Property insurance
12.2.4 Property insurance by category
12.2.5 Motor insurance
12.2.6 Motor insurance by category
12.2.7 Liability insurance
12.2.8 Financial lines insurance
12.2.9 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
12.2.10 Marine, aviation and transit insurance by category
12.2.11 Personal accident and health insurance
12.2.12 Personal accident and health insurance by category
13 Definitions and Methodology
14 About Timetric
14.1 Contact Timetric
14.2 About Timetric
14.3 Timetric?s Services